Thursday, January 10, 2013

Searching

Am I really just looking for the next best thing or have I already found it and don't know what I'm looking at?
The more I look around, the more I realize that most everyone around me is doing the same thing. Sounds corny but hear me out.

I'm not really lacking anything mind you, I am fortunate and blessed, but there's always something missing. Whether it's a solid friendship or maybe just the best chip, I'm always on the hunt.

My life is very full of things to do but it seems more like a packed schedule and less like a life with a mission. I contribute to a blog, I write a rotating column for the local paper, I'm on Facebook and Twitter and in all that, I am heavily involved in my community. I don't hide behind a curtain, the world knows me and I am always available.

And yet, I can't help but wonder if maybe it's time to just scratch it all and start over, to some degree at least. I suppose this merely sounds like a rut, and possibly it is, time may tell soon. I care so much about so many things but something has to give because I can tell, the time is now.

I'll figure some of this out on my own but collaborative community is what this world should really be about; coming together to make ourselves better for the benefit of those around us.

No comments: