Thursday, October 4, 2007

lately

Have you missed me? I’ve missed you, really I have. I write a lot but lately have been writing for no one, just randomly posting thoughts on some of my favorite sites and starting and not finishing some pieces that aren’t quite ready to post.

I hate being preoccupied, being caught up in something that takes away from what I would rather be doing, but then who doesn’t? I have to admit that this past summer has been good from the standpoint of simply enjoying the weather. But then I got conflicted. And then there was a little hiccup in the middle that made it a whole lot easier to relax. But what I didn’t do this year was work like a dog the whole summer.

Changing jobs was not in the plan but ultimately it all worked out. I just had to let go of the wheel long enough to realize that I wouldn’t crash if I just remembered who was really driving. I kind of prefer the white knuckle approach myself but lately the knuckles were losing feeling from a loss of circulation, if you catch my drift.

So now I feel like I can concentrate on whatever again, maybe post about once a week or more. I have to shy away from politics though. I found that after one of my last posts (see, “I have a theory”), I was very angry and didn’t want to write about anything. Then I took my frustrations to the web and found some good outlets with which to vent.

The baseball playoffs are here, GO BOSTON!!! I have no allegiance for Boston actually but I know a guy who hates Boston so much that he has a bet going with another guy I know that if Boston goes to the World Series, this first guy is going to shave his head. Keep in mind that this guy is 48, has never had a bald head and if and when this happens, he will be mistaken for an alien from 1975. There will be pictures.

College football is also here, GO WAZZU. Of course the team I like is miserable again this year, just like last year. So maybe I should root for a team that has a chance to go somewhere at the end of the season, like maybe the Ducks. I don’t know though, there’s just something so tame about a duck as a mascot, it doesn’t exactly strike fear in the heart of an opponent. Of course, come to think of it, same goes for the Beavers, but at least they have two College World Series championships to their credit in the past two years.

Also, in case you hadn’t noticed, winter is here. I would like to say that fall is here but around these parts, apparently fall is over in about a week. We get right into winter with a bang, no sneaking up to it over the course of several weeks. There is a real chance of snow overnight already, and we just hit October!! I just barely got the shorts and t-shirts put away and now I’m trying to remember where I put my good hat and gloves. Tomorrow when I leave for work I have been advised to dress warmly and watch for ice on the road. It’s supposed to be 31 degrees by 6am!!

I hope all is going well in your lives. I hope that you are right where God wants you right now. I hope you are searching for new ways to praise Him. Look for more from me right away and thank you for reading.

my life is not mine, and yet it is mine to live for Him. Peace to you all.
D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like you not so angry. And, Plus, I think fall was shorter than a week. :-)