Friday, April 24, 2009

directions

I can’t get over the inevitable feeling that we are all heading in the wrong direction.

Seemingly we push closer to what “feels” good, but not what is actually good. We need Christ in our lives but we just stand in one place in this life while saying how good He is.

Here’s the awesome part; Christ died for you.

If you need to, please go back and read that last sentence. It is not a typo nor is it grammatically incorrect in any way. There is nothing illegal or illegitimate about it. It is the truth.

The most important piece for you to recognize from that statement is the word “you”. Yes, Christ died for you. He also died for me. Go look in the mirror real quick then come back. The same person you just looked at is the person that Christ died for.

If you could really grasp that and then do something about it, you would scream from the top of the closest mountain top. You would literally walk outside and tell people you have never met. Wouldn’t you? You wouldn’t? Am I the crazy one?

Maybe I don’t know what I want; maybe I’m the one confused. Christ did die for me right? Am I really headed in the wrong direction?

Where did I lose track of the story? I was following along and then what, did I stop paying attention? I go back to the story teller and listen for more, there is so much to the story and I can’t get enough so I listen as often as possible but sometimes I get pulled away.

I want nothing more than to stay in the midst of the story and be wrapped in the effect. The parables are riveting, the lessons are captivating. The narrator often speaks directly to me, no kidding! Yet there are times when something leads me off in the other direction, I get distracted.

I hear the part about how He died for me and I jump up and down inside. Sometimes I tell others but it doesn’t seem right. Shouldn’t there be more to this commission? Shouldn’t I be atop the mountain shouting, regardless of my circumstances? I know I am broken but that is no excuse.

Inspiring others comes at a cost, some listen and others don’t, but I feel led to inspire. I have written what feels like so much and yet it is nothing really. I cannot express the love of my savior with mere words. Nothing I could ever do will ever compare to a single day of Christ in my life, but He has the power to make me powerful for Him and His kingdom.

So, why not run around outside and tell others? Why not be bold and share the good news? What are we afraid of, rejection? We get a single chance here in this place to leave a mark, to leave a legacy. I suppose I could be satisfied to leave it with my children but that’s not good enough for me, I want more.

The “more” that I seek is based on what I have been given. Something so undeserved that it goes beyond human reasoning. I cannot explain nor should I try. Instead I will say that His grace covers all.

I may be unsure of running outside and screaming it out loud for now, but somehow I am destined to share the good news. So I keep writing, I keep talking, I keep moving.

Through everything that this life might throw at you, there is one thing that can never be taken away and that is your faith. I continue to be struck with that fact as I traverse my days. What would mean infinitely more would be the chance to share that faith with those who doubt or do not know.

I am convinced that many are headed in the wrong direction. I pray for proper direction in my life that others might see Him who is the way, the truth and the life.

This time I finally see the reason I can’t do this alone. My faith alone is tinny compared to the power of God. My prayer is simply that my faith would be on display as an example of how great God is.

He takes you as you are, so turn around and head in the right direction.
____________________________________________________________________
My life is not mine, and yet it is mine to live for Him. Peace to you all.

D

No comments: